Sunday 24 May 2009

Even the thought of those seats makes me sleepy...


Hidden behind a knicker-bocker glory paintball gun effect vinyl, lies a comfort of womb like proportions. The nocturnal seats on the lifechanging  24hr weekend U-bahn are quickly becoming my nemesis.

On my first Friday, I did the whole S-Bahn ring, waking up in Schoneberg, the stop I departed from. On the following night, I fell asleep on the U7, waking up at the airport. 

Things have gotta change. I've decided I'm going to make sure I hold a bottle, so when I fall asleep and the beer slips from my grasp,  the crash will wake me up. At least , that's the theory anyway...

Being lazy, I'm going to leave my observations of the U-Bahn to another day. I know that public transport is the proverbial village bicycle for writers, but given the number of nutters I've already seen, I will no doubt not be able to resist introducing you to one soon...maybe even sheep man if you're lucky...

0 comments:

Post a Comment